Do any of your customers take advantage of Apple Pay?
They might very soon – but not in the way you’d expect.
In September, Apple released a new feature, Apple Pay on the Web, which allows consumers to purchase goods from an app or website with the tap of their finger, reports PYMNTS.com.
And that’s good news for eCommerce merchants, because simplified checkout could boost sales on websites that enable the feature.
How Apple Pay on the Web Works
For users who have an iPhone, iPad or Mac running either iOS 10 or macOS Sierra, they’ll be able to select “checkout with Apple Pay” when making a purchase on a participating website.
Apple Pay accesses the card the user has saved in their wallet within the iOS to complete their purchase.
Since users don’t have to enter credit card numbers, security codes or a shipping/billing address, Apple expects the new feature to increase checkout conversion rates on eCommerce sites. “Fewer taps mean more sales,” said Rachael Roth, a former user experience evangelist at Apple, during the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference.
Apple Rolls Out Holiday Deals to Increase Adoption
To increase the usership of Apple Pay on the Web, Apple is offering exclusive holiday deals to customers that use the new feature.
Current deals include:
- Adidas – Enjoy one- or two-day free shipping from Adidas
- Casper – Buy a mattress and receive a $50 iTunes gift card
- Grub hub – Win a $50 gift card and new diners get $10 off next order
- instacart – One month of free delivery for first-time customers
- JackThreads – 20% off holiday looks
- Jet – 10% off first three orders and $5 JetCash
- lululemon – $25 gift card for purchase over $150
- The New York Times – 50% off one-year subscription
- 1-800 Flowers – Free shipping
- Overstock – Free year of Club O Rewards Membership, $19 value
- seamless – Win a $50 gift card and new diners get $10 off next order
- Shopify – Select deals from Shopify stores
- Spring – 20% off
- Vacatia – 7% off resort bookings
Contact Infintech online or call 1-800-621-8931.